Re: DoJ-Microsoft Antitrust - Let It Just Wait Until 2012...

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Feds seek formal extension of Microsoft antitrust deal
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The U.S. Department of Justice and Microsoft on Wednesday filed a
> | formal application for a two-year extension of portions of their
> | landmark antitrust settlement, with the possibility of stretching it
> | until 2012.
> `----
> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6111240.html
>
> Incredible.

What's incredible is that no one sees this for what it is.  It's a
diversionary tactic.
Instead of filing contempt of court citation, and having ALL PORTIONS
OF THE SETTLEMENT extended, they are focusing on only the
documentation, and extending only a microscopic portion, as Microsoft
openly defies all of the rulings and judgements related to the case.

Microsoft was ordered to stop interfering with attempts by OEMs to
distribute Linux on PCs, with or without Windows.  Instead, Microsoft
has continued to bribe, threaten, coerce, and retaliate against OEMs.
But nobody is calling those involved in to testify under oath, without
Microsoft's lawyers standing right next to them.  I bet IBM, HP, Carly
Fiorina, Dell, and Lennovo would have PLENTY to say about this topic.

Microsoft was ordered to stop using it's monopoly power to extend that
monopoly control into other markets, and yet they have driven out the
firewall software makers, and now are going after the antivirus makers
and will probably block out the antispyware makers.

In fact, is there ANY provision of the settlement that met the stated
goals of the settlement when the DOJ was arguing for it's acceptance?

If 25 States, the DOJ, and the EU can't bring Microsoft to justice,
then Microsoft really is above the law, and Bill Gates has achieved his
goal of world domination.  I suppose I should get packed for the
concentration camps.  Will they let me bring a toothbrush?

Rex