[News] MySQL Cleanses Self from Oracle's Destruction of Competition

MySQL to drop Berkeley DB storage engine, add memcache plugin

,----[ Quote ]
| With the 5.1.12 release, MySQL will be dropping the Berkeley DB (BDB)
| storage engine from its list of supported database engines. Some
| observers have suggested that this move is connected to Oracle's purchase
| of Sleepycat, and that InnoDB may be next.

Only yesterday I mentioned Oracle's 'elimination' of BerkelyDB. One wonders
if other rich companies like Google and Microsoft can extinguish/subvert
threats using the same strategy (e.g. XenSource).