[News] Government IT Security Criticised

Perspective: Puffing pipedreams about government IT security

,----[ Quote ]
| While all great things must start with a minor movement forward, the
| latest White House memorandum on information security has as much value
| as telling my 4-year-old son that riding a bike is easy--all you need to
| do is pedal.
|
| The flaws with the new White House information security mandates comef
| rom assuming that centralized authority exists. In reality, this is as
| fictional as many of Hollywood's themes.
`----

http://news.com.com/2010-7348_3-6110743.html?part=rss&tag=6110743&subj=news

Ignore Microsoft's sponsored FUD on the right-hand-side, e.g. "What OS proved
swore reliable then Linux? Study". They also shove Vista adds in the C|Net
RSS feeds. Ironically, these reside next to articles that bash Microsoft for
a whole variety of reasons.