Re: Tom Yager Confirms: Windows Inherently Insecure

  • Subject: Re: Tom Yager Confirms: Windows Inherently Insecure
  • From: "nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 24 Aug 2006 23:32:56 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Oliver Wong wrote:

> > http://weblog.infoworld.com/enterprisemac/archives/2006/08/is_windows_inhe.html
>
>     This reply is just to let nessuno know that I have read and thought
> about the issues discussed in the article. Unfortunately, I don't feel
> qualified to comment on it in any depth, as I'm not familiar with the topics
> Tom Yager discusses.
>
>     - Oliver

I don't either, that's why I asked.  I'd be interested in an objective
evaluation of the points he makes.

I do have the impression that while the Linux and OS X world are
chugging ahead, building on a solid base, Microsoft is being seriously
dragged down by security issues, in spite of the disparity in
resources.   By dragged down, I mean the delay in Vista, and the
cancellation of promised features.