Re: [News] Microsoft Pays Sites to Use Its Search Engine

__/ [ Oliver Wong ] on Wednesday 23 August 2006 23:54 \__

> "The Ghost In The Machine" <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>> Google
>> sponsored a "Summer of Code" festival/event.
>>
>> http://code.google.com/soc/
>>
>> I'll admit to wondering what Google's advertisers, who
>> ultimately paid for all this, think.
>
>     Presumably, Google's advertisers are paying for a service (having their
> ads displayed), and they got the service they paid for. What Google then
> does with the money it earned is none of their business.

They get plenty of love and popularity in return. If only more companies were
inclined to do likewise... it's company culture and motto, I suppose.

http://theubucon.blogspot.com/2006/08/ubucon-was-blast.html

                 The UbuCon Was a Blast!

http://jerinj.blogspot.com/2006/08/goobuntu-glimpse-of-things-to-come.html

                 Goobuntu: A Glimpse of things to come?

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    No SCO code was used to generate this sig
roy      pts/1                         Thu Aug 24 14:25 - 14:33  (00:08)