Re: Try doing this with Linux...

__/ [ yttrx ] on Wednesday 23 August 2006 18:55 \__

>> Apple, for some odd reason, is often associated with innovation. Their
>> Cocoa/Aqua/Brushed in itself is probably inspired by metallic GNOME themes
>> that I have seen many years ago, as well as Enlightenment. And the iPod is
>> just a radio transistor with some cumulative design and improvements.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Roy
>>

> Now Roy, just because you love linux doesn't mean you have to hate
> everything else.  Most things have their good points...with the exception
> of every bit of code ever produced by microsoft.
>
> To wit:
>
> Apple has been quite the innovator for the entirety of its existence, but
> it's very important to understand that innovation!=invention.  They didnt
> invent the PC, nor the server, nor the power button, nor the keyboard, nor
> the mouse, nor the GUI, nor cathode ray tubes, nor LCD flatpanels, nor
> the solenoids that drive your speakers, etc, etc...
>
> But man, what they've done with what's been invented has been pretty
> sweet, don't you think?

Yes, I agree. They have some good designers (visual). But Apple's homebrew
code is a total disaster and akin to Microsoft's. I will never forget all
these times that OS 9 froze on me completely... or the dependence on OE/IE,
which are rubbish. Rightfully, you could argue it has evolved since, but it
hasn't quite...

http://inquirer.stanford.edu/2005/jstaffor/woz.html

Wozniak: "Microsoft, Apple and AOL, they tend to turn out the crappiest
products, you know, software-wise".

That said, a lot of Microsoft's code is obtained through takeovers and
grossly merged with the already mal-constructed core.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Prevalence does not imply ideali$M
Tasks: 137 total,   2 running, 132 sleeping,   0 stopped,   3 zombie