Re: [News] Windows 'Administrator' - False Sense of Security

So anyway, it was like, 17:00 CEST Aug 23 2006, you know? Oh, and, yeah,
The Ghost In The Machine was all like, "Dude,
> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Johan Lindquist
><spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Wed, 23 Aug 2006 09:36:01 +0200
><14dtr3-j9f.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>> In all fairness, if you used a file system without permissions on
>> any unix-like system, it would be as easy to edit /etc/passwd to
>> "hack"[1] that system, too.
>
> Pedant Point:
>
> /etc/shadow, nowadays, though it might depend on one's PAM settings.

I /was/ actually going to change what I had written before I posted
it, but editing /etc/passwd and putting your own user id to that of
root will have about the same effect, so I refute your pedant point!
So there. Phbhhbhbhbpt!

[..]

--
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.      Perth ---> *
 17:20:22 up 46 days, 49 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00