Re: Mac-style Menubar for gtk/gnome!

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 23 Aug 2006 05:42:32 +0100
<8112744.H4P54XyePr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> __/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Wednesday 23 August 2006 01:00 \__
>
>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Oliver Wong
>> <owong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>  wrote
>> on Tue, 22 Aug 2006 22:01:05 GMT
>> <B8LGg.12964$Ch.1775@clgrps13>:
>>>
>>> "CBFalconer" <cbfalconer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>>     Obviously, you've never played a text based adventure game.
>>>
>>> You are standing in a room where a dining table is set with cutlery and a
>>> candle holder, whose candle has long been snuffed out. Exits are north,
>>> and west.
>>>
>>> @ GET CUTLERY
>>>
>>> I don't see any cutlery here.
>>>
>>> @ WALK NORTH
>>>
>>> I don't know how to walk.
>>>
>>> @ NORTH
>>>
>>> I don't know how to north.
>>>
>>> @ GO NORTH
>>>
>>> You fall into a pit and die. GAME OVER.
>>>
>>>     - Oliver
>>>

>> Ah, those were the days, when men were real men, women were real women,
>> small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry
>> creatures from Alpha Centauri, text was real text, and
>> computer games were real dumb. :-)
>

> Well, these helped me learn English. *smile*

This is true; the computers were dumb but the actual English was at
least English, as opposed to some variant of language only
markeeters could love or a mashed up bunch o' words which makes no
sense.

Error: The command completed successfully.
Error: The operation failed, please try again.
Error: File deletion failed: not enough space.

(Ow, my brain hurts.)

>> Nowadays, if one were to try to get cutlery in, say,
>> Unreal Tournament, one of the bots would sneak up behind
>> you and let fly with a rocket launcher.  *SPLAT* [*]
>>
>> Sigh.
>

> Today's games are frustratingly static in terms of development in paradigms.
> And when they become realistic, you face a barrier of trying to surpass
> reality. The Matrix maybe?
>

>> Fortunately, cutlery-getting in shoot-em-ups is rather rare.
>>
>> [*] about a 50-50 chance of you or the 'bot getting killed
>> by the rocket.  They're still pretty dumb. ;-)
>

> @ WALK AWAY
>
> You must listen to Ghost's ramblings.

LOL!

Careful.  You might learn something. :-)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows Vista.  Because it's time to refresh your hardware.  Trust us.