Re: Put an Asterisk Next to Fonality

__/ [ Au79 ] on Tuesday 22 August 2006 10:31 \__

> TMCnet - USA
>
> ... PBXtra software runs on standard PC hardware using layers of Open
> Source Linux and Asterisk software to provide the least expensive option
> for SMBs ...

<http://voipforsmb.tmcnet.com/news/articles/2296-put-an-asterisk-next-fonality.htm>

Excellent case where one takes advantage of re-use and transparency -- the
reason proprietary software will not catch up, even with mergers that make
it unaffordable.

I also found the following this morning:

http://www.asteriskvoipnews.com/asterisk_software/new_voicemail_client_for_win32_linux_x86mac_os_x_released.html

New Asterisk Voicemail Client for Win32, Linux x86,Mac OS X released

,----[ Quote ]
| We are releasing a beta version of our java eclipse based asterisk
| voicemail client called "Tycho". You can download the client binary
| at: http://sip-syndication.com.
`----

And the Asterisk team secured funding of 13+ million US dollars just over a
week ago. It can extend to attain telecom and server domination.