Re: Glad I switched...

  • Subject: Re: Glad I switched...
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 21:46:05 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Stuart Krivis ] on Monday 21 August 2006 21:26 \__

> On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 07:12:02 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>__/ [ Darth Chaos ] on Sunday 20 August 2006 06:13 \__

>>> I run dual-boot Xandros and WinXP. I use Xandros to go online (I have
>>> Amarok 1.3 on there)...I use WinXP solely for DVDShrink in conjunction
>>> with Nero 6.
>>>
>>> For online stuff, Xandros (and all other Linux distros) blow XP out of
>>> the water.
>>>
>>> I think even Freespire 1.0 (regular and OSS versions) is better than
>>> XP.
>>>
>>> I think deep down, people want an OS that "just works". I don't think
>>> people really want the fancy-schmancy memory-hogging graphical
>>> hibbity-jibbity that Windows XP and Vista has. I think Windows Vista
>>> will be a poor seller at first, but they'll probably start doing ads
>>> for Vista with A-list female celebs saying crap like "If you use
>>> Windows Vista, I might fuck you silly" and the sheeple will probably
>>> fall for these ads.
>>
>>They already have that planned with Oprah. The PR people said so although
>>it was merely a projection at the time.
>>

> New on Oprah: "I was a whore for Microsoft!"

She'll seek help from Dr. Phil when she catches that first viral infection.
Ballmer is Phil's evil twin brother...

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      | Wintendo O/S: which virus do fancy today?
Tasks: 120 total,   2 running, 116 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie