Re: How does Google index titles and descriptions?

__/ [ dk_sz ] on Monday 21 August 2006 17:27 \__

>> Title is obtained from the <title> in your page. Description is pulled
>> from
>
> They also use dmoz now. Whatever fits the query and page content best.
> There is a meta tag to avoid dmoz.

I noticed that John mentions this in his page and also acknowledges Tonnie.

http://johnbokma.com/mexit/2006/07/15/

I can vaguely remember that discussion. I never made it into DMOZ myself...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Those who can, Open-Source
roy      pts/7                         Mon Aug 21 16:38 - 16:42  (00:04)