Re: Google's share of U.S. search market dips in July

__/ [ spamhotmail@xxxxxxxxx ] on Sunday 20 August 2006 18:28 \__

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/story.aspx?guid=%7BB0DB9F80-B51D-44B0-B13E-6071948043E9%7D

> Google's share of U.S. search market dips in July
>
> SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Google Inc.'s share of the U.S. Internet
> search market dipped a full percentage point in July when compared to
> June's total, according to research released Friday by comScore
> Networks Inc.
> While Google's (GOOG : news, chart, profile ) still the dominant
> provider of Internet search both in the U.S. and worldwide, what
> comScore noted Friday has some ominous overtones for the Mountain View,
> Calif.-based firm, Bear Stearns & Co. Inc. analyst Robert Peck wrote in
> a note to clients Friday.
> "We think (the) loss in domestic market share could signal a topping
> point" for Google, he wrote. "We do not expect Google's aggressive
> market share gains to continue in perpetuity."
> According to comScore, 43.7% of all search queries conducted in the
> United States in July used a Google search engine, down from the 44.7%
> attributed to Google the month before.
> Meanwhile, Google's loss was its competitors' gain.
> ComScore reports No. 2 Internet search engine Yahoo Search, from Yahoo
> Inc., (YHOO : news, chart, profile ) saw its share of U.S. Internet
> search queries increase to 28.8% in July from 28.5% the month before.
> Meanwhile search engine AOL's U.S. share was up to 5.9% in July from
> the 5.6% it garnered in June, comScore notes.
> Also soaking up Google's U.S. losses was Ask, owned by IAC Search &
> Media (IACI : news, chart, profile ) . The Ask search engine's U.S.
> market share rose to 5.4% in July from 5.1% in June, comScore reported.
>
> No. 3 search engine MSN from Microsoft Corp. (MSFT : news, chart,
> profile ) retained its 12.8% share of the U.S. market in July, comScore
> reported.

I read that a couple of days ago and thought that the change was too small to
be statitically-valid. The article's author, however, went out of his/her
way to make it an eye-catching headline. Another example that I saw just 20
minutes ago...

http://www.syndk8.net/

 ( Google is drowning under a spam problem they created! )

Look at the top. There is no hyperlink.

To all who are interested, I also found:

http://www.seofm.com/?p=11

Interview mit Matt Cutts (one-week old)

http://translate.google.com/translate?sourceid=mozclient&num=50&u=http%3A//www.seofm.com/%3Fp%3D11

It's an audiocast.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
  5:05am  up 31 days 17:20,  6 users,  load average: 0.78, 0.64, 0.67