Re: *scratches head* @ linux.com

  • Subject: Re: *scratches head* @ linux.com
  • From: Tim Smith <reply_in_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 18:20:34 -0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
> Can you imagine Linux ads in Microsoft's turf? Money still makes the world go
> round. Marketing/brainwash can defeat merits and values.

If Microsoft used a DoubleClick.com ad rotator to place banners on their
front page, you probably WOULD see an occasional Linux ad there.

Linux.com is using a DoubleClick.com ad rotator.  In the last few
minutes, in addition to an ad for Microsoft's search, I saw ads for:

    audible.com
    The Sopranos
    indoor dog food from longliveyourdog.com

and assorted tech companies, like HP and CDW.