[News] Open Source and Profit -- No Oxymoron

Open source issues for 2007 start with the profit motive

,----[ Quote ]
| I think what my friendly "trolls" here (and I use that term with the
| kindest of regard) most fear is that profit may be getting driven out,
| and the market might be driven out.
|
| I believe that is overstating the case.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=888

Here's a relevant paper:

The Business of Free Software: Enterprise Incentives, Investment, and
Motivation in the Open Source Community

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/5567.html