Re: Is Mandriva a Lemon or What ?

Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> __/ [ Ian Semmel ] on Sunday 17 December 2006 19:37 \__
>
>> A rainy Saturday afternoon, I bought a magazine with Mandriva 2007 and
>> decided to replace Ubuntu.
>>
>> It didn't find my USB mouse (although this worked during the install) nor
>> did it find my network.
>>
>> Perhaps I was just unlucky but I wiped it and replaced it with a copy of
>> Xandros which I had hanging around *which is OK).
>
> Mandriva is an excellent distribution that's often
> underestimated. Hardware

Or judged on its merits. In this case it didnt recognise his mouse you fool.

> compatibility is a one-time effort. Once you solve it, it lasts for
> good.

What does that mean? How is that different from any other SW
configuration? God but you dont half talk some bullshit.

> Bear in mind that OEM's tend to test just one O/S with their hardware;
> they

"one os"? Please define. You mean one "Linux"? But they are all the same
apparently!?!?! And enough with this "bear in mind" superior being stuff.

> work hand-in-glove with a software vendor. So I urge you to be fair in your
> assessment. By the way, Gael Duval sent me an E-mail yesterday. He still
> uses Mandriva.

He was : it didnt recognise his mouse which makes it pretty damn useless.

> Good luck,

You are getting worse. Go see a doctor.