[News] Striking BECTA for Stifling Open Source Adoption, BECTA Gets Defensive

UK Government criticised for stifling open sauce in schools

,----[ Quote ]
| MP Pugh reckons shcools should support independent or open source
| software firms. He says, "In my experience a school is a key part
| of the community and as such has a role to play in the economy of
| that community. By supporting SMEs the local high-technology
| industry will be encouraged which will benefit everyone."

Becta dismisses accusations of wasted millions

,----[ Quote ]
| The British Education and Communications Agency (Becta), tasked by
| the government with organising IT in schools, has dismissed an
| independent report claiming that over £200m of government funds
| have been wasted under its watch.
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2171238/becta-dismisses-waste-report

We're approaching 100 MP's now... good news for Open Source and Linux in the
UK.