Re: [News] Second Life and Linux

John A. Bailo wrote:
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

If needed, run it under a minimalist WM. IIRC you're using SLED/Opensuse,
which comes with plenty.

Well, I got as far as recreating my account (which I now remember, I
actually cancelled because they didn't have a Linux account).

Got the install going, logged in and....Their servers are down for
maintenance!

So, mabye tomorrow.   The initial linux client looks very good so far as far
as menuing, features and so on.

I can run ut2004 in Suse10.1 very nicely, so I expect this to be the
same...maybe SDL technology.

Well, it's verified.

Running the (alpha) client for Second Life on Suse 10.1 is smooth sailing. I didn't have to step down any of the video AND i ran it in the 1600x1080 wide screen ( on my 22W Acer ).

As reported, the XP client was unbearably jumpy and slow...losing color on the planes, just a host of problems.

So far it bears up that Linux gaming on the PC is far superior to anything I've ever experienced on Windopes.

--
The Texeme Construct
http://you-read-it-here-first.com