Re: COLA has lost its way

mlw wrote:
> A few years back, it used to be better. Intelligent debates were actually
> more frequent. I'm not saying that there wasn't spam or wintrolls, quite
> the contrary, we had them.

<snip>

Well put mlw.  This newsgroup has become a joke and is rarely worth
reading anymore. For starters there is very little "Linux content" here
anymore. But COLA is a great place if you want to learn about the Zune,
Vista release dates or what some blogger in Kansas named "pyro" thinks
about a some Microsoft product.

Debate??? There is very little "honest" debate going on here anymore
either. Somebody makes a general statement and the 'wordsmiths' come
out and argue the symantics of what the person wrote, rather than what
was actually said. Instead of debating the topics the posts quickly
degrade to "what the meaning of 'is' - is" and how the poster is a liar
because they said that "Nobody does..." when in fact, 8 people out of
150-million might do something therefore their entire argument is a
lie.

The dozens of posts that have zero content other than to call someone
an "idiot" a "moron" or posts of how "I didn't see that because of my
killfile" don't do anything to help the signal-to-noise ratio either.

- Larry Q.