Re: Sony's PlayStation 3 Could Outsell XBox 360 This Year

  • Subject: Re: Sony's PlayStation 3 Could Outsell XBox 360 This Year
  • From: "Larry Qualig" <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 16 Dec 2006 08:04:26 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Sony's PS3 Could Still Outsell Microsoft's XBox 360 in 2006
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Should the Playstation 3 end up in second place this Christmas season,
> | Sony shouldn't feel too badly. The #1 selling console at the moment
> | remains the Playstation 3, which sold nearly a million units in
> | November, and will probably sell nearly double that in December.
> `----
>
> http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/061215/22521_id.html?.v=1

Nice "selective quoting" in order to distort what the article really
said:

<quote>
That's quite a statement considering the company only managed to ship
197,000 units in November, which is far short of the 600,000 it had
planned.

But if Sony actually were to ship two million Playstation 3s, it would
not only outsell what Microsoft did last year, but probably would have
a shot at outselling XBox 360 this year as well (data point: sales of
XBox 360s in November were 511,000 according to NPD). But frankly, I
think it is a long shot.
</quote>

Notice all of the "if's and could's" in the article. If this... and if
that... then Sony could...

But as the author concludes - "I think it is a long shot."

So tell us Roy, what is it like to be a trolling liar?