Re: [News] Microsoft & HP Spend $0.3 Billion to Make Staff Windows-oriented

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Thursday 14 December 2006 20:45 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> Microsoft, HP expand business alliance
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| A new deal announced Wednesday calls for, among other things, more HP
>>| workers to be trained to sell Microsoft products.
>> `----
>>
>> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6143540.html
>>
>> I was hoping that H-P would be platform-agnostic and vendor-neutral.
>> Clearly enough, it has joined ranks with Dell.
>
> HP are in all kinds of trouble - I think they'll back anything which
> might bring in some cash.  Funny thing is that this is clearly Window's
> last round, so perhaps a little late for training...

Yes, they definitely missed the train (pun).

Developers Embrace Java, Drop Visual Basic

,----[ Quote ]
| Use of Visual Basic has dropped 35% since the spring, says a
| poll of more than 430 North American developers done by research
| company Evans Data.
|
| [...]
|
| Developers have abandoned Microsoft's Visual Basic in droves
| during the last six months, and they're using Java more than any
| other development language, according to a recently published
| survey.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/software/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=196600515

Study: Developers Favor Linux

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3645766

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz     \ Switch to GNU/Linux. Visit
http://www.getgnulinux.org/
         run-level 5  Oct 18 14:45                   last=S