Re: [News] Linux Might Start Rejecting Non-GPL Modules

On 2006-12-14, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Discussion here:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/475654/focus=475824

Intereting post by Theodore Tso in that thread:

    It's not a question of "honoring the license"; it's a matter of what
    is the reach of the license, as it relates to derivitive works.
    It's a complicated subject, and very dependent on the local law;
    certainly in the U.S., when I asked a Law Professor from the MIT
    Sloan School of Management, who specialized in IP issues about the
    FSF theory of GPL contamination by dynamic linking, after I
    explained all the details of how dynamic linking work, she told me
    that it would be "laughed out of the courtroom".