Re: [News] Dell Sells Linux-ready Laptops (No O/S)

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 13 December 2006 17:32 \__

http://www.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/nseries_nb?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&%7Eck=mn

> Umm, interesting.  In wonder if they've given the FreeDOS guys the info
> they need to write DOS drivers for the laptop?

Haha. I suspect that the stampede of people who requested a refund for the
Windows tax became overwhelming**. So ,this is just their way to say "we've
tested this with Linuxes and BSD's, but it ain't 'naked', so Microsoft will
care less".

**Remember that recent EULA and camera story from Britian? It got people as
far away as San Franciso demonstrating and requesting an O/S refund.

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Spam enchanted evening..."
Cpu(s):  21.0% user,   3.0% system,   1.0% nice,  75.1% idle