Re: [News] Java SE "Mustang" 6 Released

__/ [ Oliver Wong ] on Wednesday 13 December 2006 15:49 \__

> "John Bailo" <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> Java SE 6 (Just Released)
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>
>> So basically Sun finally admitted that people program alot in java-script
>> as well as "ja-va"
>
>     I don't think Sun has changed their position with respect to
>     JavaScript.

http://www.mozilla.org/rhino/

Still, Java and JavaScript are as much alike as Car and Carpet. In due
course, Sun will probably open-source these other bits of code too. Same
with Solaris... just one step at a time... they already lost one valued
executive who insisted that they should not open-source the whole of Java. I
think that, to him, GPLv2 (going to adopt GPLv3 as well) was the bombshell.

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useful fact: close elevator button = Express Mode
  4:05pm  up 56 days  2:19,  8 users,  load average: 1.99, 1.69, 1.52