Re: Op-Ed: Linux Will Dominate, Windows Will Become Free

__/ [ Wayne McClaine ] on Tuesday 12 December 2006 23:02 \__

> 7 wrote:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>> > The future of windows.

>> > `----
>> >
>> > http://www.dbzer0.com/blog/2006/12/08/the-future-of-windows/
>>

>> Well then I'll wait until Windopz is free before buying.
>>
>> Errr...
>>
>> Hmmmm...
>
> The base OS may become free (beer) but they'll charge for Security
> Hotfixes.  Those chairs ain't cheap!

Especially when Oracle rips Microsoft off and offers free fixes and support.

> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/09/23/ballmers_flying_furniture/

Haha!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballmer

'In the account, Ballmer threw a chair across the room and shouted: "Fucking
Eric Schmidt is a fucking pussy.'

They are still trying very hard to put a pricetag on every piece of code. If
changing some laws around the world and bribing some managers to take over
operations is part of the deal, that's fine. Deep pockets can achieve a lot.

http://boycottnovell.com/2006/12/09/red-hat-videos/

Best wishes,

                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Holey (sic) Cow! Longhorn is full of holes...
Tasks: 139 total,   2 running, 135 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie