Re: [News] Novell Starts FUD'ing GNU/Linux?

__/ [ spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Tuesday 12 December 2006 09:12 \__

http://boycottnovell.com/2006/12/11/embrace-microsoft-or-join-with-us-in-our-embrace-with-microsoft/

>>> Did you listen to it?
>
>> No, but shane has. He transcribed it too.
>
> Well, I didn't find much that was damning about it apart from the "hey
> everyone, why don't you all do what we did and embrace microsoft? It'll be
> jolly good fun, y'know" bit, it was quite sensible and well answered.
>
> I still think it's "ooo, microsoft, the evil bogeyman" syndrome. It could
> be that they have finally seen the stream of lava and the nerve impulses
> from their eyes have finally reached the peanut sized brain of theirs. And
> the T-Rex is now slowly starting to turn and run from the oncoming flames.
>
> They tried everything they'd tried with other companies to silence linux,
> but none of it worked, they finally realised there's no beating it, so they
> beat their chest a little and try to make overtures.
>
> I still say let's see how this all pans out.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, could you name a company that benefited
from deal with Microsoft, particularly when the deal was made in the midst
of a decline? it's a sacrifice; a case of selling one's own soul (and the
community one does /NOT/ own) to the devil.

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Never awaking askew, no matter what they ask you
Tasks: 142 total,   2 running, 138 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie