[News] Microsoft to Penetrate VoIP Market Through Vertical Integration?

Microsoft starts test of new VoIP server

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp. started testing on Monday a new computer server software
| that allows corporate customers to make Web-based phone calls through
| its Office suite of business software.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061212/wr_nm/microsoft_voip_dc

I don't think this qualifies as monopoly abuse, but it might. It is similar
to prebundling of software (e.g. media player, IM, Web browser) or
introduction of formats, some of which are proprietary or adverse to common
standards (e.g. XPS writer/reader, WMV/WMA, Office formats, DRM).