[News] "Open Source" Lost Its Meaning, It's "Free Software" Now

Open source software: Meaning or meaningless?

,----[ Quote ]
| David Berlind, Dana Blankenhorn and others have been noting how open
| source could be in trouble if there aren't standard definitions for it.
| The gist: So many software makers claim something is open source that
| the whole movement loses meaning. Perhaps open source is just a
| sales model.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=4111

It's all about Linux and FOSS, I suppose. There are many 'open source' frauds
that ride the wave of a buzzword/buzzphrase.

New Linux gizmos

http://www.linux-mag.com/content/view/2831/

(need to pretend to be a crawler or be subscribed to access)