[News] The Differnece Between Walmart and Microsoft

Is Walmart Bad For The Economy?

,----[ Quote ]
| Walmart is also accused of harming smaller "mom and pop" businesses
| through pricing power. Yes - I believe it is called free market
| capitalism. People accused Microsoft of pricing power through
| monopoly too. Has anyone ever really done a detailed analysis of
| how much Walmart has hurt these small businesses and compared it
| against how much money it has saved shoppers? I bet the latter
| number is heavier. Most small shops that offer good products and
| service at reasonable prices should be able to survive the
| Walmart threat.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/061211/22151_id.html?.v=1

I suppose that Walmart could never force people to buy its stock, destruction
of smaller businesses aside.

Related and recent:

Jury Hears Microsoft Competition Suit

,----[ Quote ]