Re: Real Advocacy for a change

  • Subject: Re: Real Advocacy for a change
  • From: spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 16:17:56 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Sender: Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
mlw <mlw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
> I have a couple GPL projects available to the general public.
> I have contributed money and time to open source projects like PHP,
> PostgreSQL, and others.
> I have set up multiple web systems (racks at a colo) for clients, on the
> order of 10 (usually many more) computers per system, with load balancing,
> web services, databases, etc. all using open source.
> I have worked on open source software for a number of billion dollar
> companies.
> I have been using Linux, almost exclusively, since 1995/1996

This isn't some pissing contest y'know.
so big deal, I've only donated money by means of buying box sets, I've
installed systems for clients when I was working in that field but not at
that scale, and I've only been using linux since 1999, although I've been
unixing since 1995.

> In the last 10 years, I have made my living almost exclusively working on
> Linux and FreeBSD. (Some windows and mac as needed)

> So, if you are thinking of labeling me a "wintroll," you are, of course,
> free to hold any opinion you like, but you would be a fool.

Only an idiot would call you a wintroll.
But just cos you've been working in the field and doing big stuff doesn't
invalidate the "lesser"(in your opinion) advocate.
|   spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   |                                                 |
|Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| "ARSE! GERLS!! DRINK! DRINK! DRINK!!!"          |
|            in            | "THAT WOULD BE AN ECUMENICAL MATTER!...FECK!!!! |
|     Computer Science     | - Father Jack in "Father Ted"                   |