Re: EPLA a back door to establishing software patents ..

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Saturday 30 December 2006 19:36 \__

> "While we drift in the lull of the new term of the United States
> Supreme Court, waiting to learn if at least one branch of the federal
> government has come to its senses about patent law, let's cast a wary
> eye across the Atlantic to see what mischief the European Commission
> has wrought"
>
> "Critics of the EPLA, including yours truly, view it as merely a back
> door to establishing software patents across the European landscape,
> since it would become the enforcement vehicle for the European Patent
> Office (EPO). Yes, the EPO is the same body that continues to ignore
> its own charter and grants software patents"
>
> http://www.linux-mag.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2834

In 2007, Microsoft will cling onto straws as the entire planet (apart from
the US and UK of course) plans an implements FOSS transition. Prepare for
Microsoft to sack developers in the coming years, only to replace them with
more lawyers and lobbyists.

The propaganda machine is hard at work. Earlier today, Microsoft used a
research sockpuppet to lie about hardware requirements in Vista. They'll
brainwash as much as the budget permits. It's only the beginning.

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz     | GPL - Global Programmer's Law
  8:20pm  up 73 days  6:34,  6 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.04, 0.22