Re: Things to Consider When Migrating to Linux (Can You Say CULT)

I think connecting the "cult" idea with Linux users is bad twice
over.

Firstly, using "cult" immediately separates out from the discussion
those who use Linux for good reason, which exists in abundant
quantity.  I expect if a survey could be done, this class of Linux
users would turn out to be much the majority.

Secondly, having sorted out the Linux users, we'd find fringie
people among them.  I believe this is one of the great
strengths of Linux, an implementation of "All problems are
simple when seen by many eyes."  So using the "cult" idea
simply confuses the fringies with the center, which confusion
derails rational thinking.

Cheers -- Martha Adams     [cola 2006 Dec 30]