[News] What Vista Promises to Deliver is Already Here, for Free

Windows Vista Rant

,----[ Quote ]
| Now, is there any point to this rant? Well sort of. You see there
| is already an operating system which does ALL the things Vista
| claims and has been on the user market for long enough that it's
| reliability and security are proven.
|
| Linux.
|
| Now, I hate Ubuntu but you can get it for free, it will do
| everything PCW claims are selling points for Vista and will run
| fast and secure on things other than the top of the range PCs.
| If you get Vista / Office 2007 you will need to learn new user
| interfaces and ways of doing things, so why not save yourself
| a few hundred pounds and get Linux?
`----

http://www.whydontyou.org.uk/blog/2006/12/29/windows-vista/

Microsoft Looks Beyond Vista Bugs

,----[ Quote ]
| Reavey stated that even though the vulnerability impacts Windows
| Vista, he still believes that Vista is the company's most secure
| platform to date. The MSRC encourages all users to enable a
| firewall, and apply all security updates.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nf/20061229/tc_nf/49017

Sounds like XP all over again, only with more buggy (rough edges).

,----[ Quote ]