[News] Good Outlook for AMD Chips

2006 in Review: AMD

,----[ Quote ]
| And so it goes. The market will tell us who's right and who's wrong,
| all in due time. This Fool remains a bull on AMD, because there is a
| great deal of innovation and fight left in the little chip maker that
| could, and the market will eventually catch on. Really, it will.
`----

http://www.fool.com/investing/high-growth/2006/12/29/2006-in-review-amd.aspx?source=eptyholnk303100&logvisit=y&npu=y
http://tinyurl.com/ya46kr

Related:

AMD says court seeks data from Intel in antitrust case

,----[ Quote ]
| Chipmaker Advanced Micro Devices Inc. said a U.S.
| federal court had overruled Intel Corp.'s
| objections in an ongoing antitrust litigation.
|
| The court has ordered Intel to produce documents and other
| evidence bearing upon its "exclusionary conduct" outside
| United States, AMD said in a statement.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/061228/amd_lawsuit_intel.html?.v=1

merry x-mas amd (KDE Developer gets present from AMD)

,----[ Quote ]
| A few weeks ago I got a call from John Terpstra (you might know him
| from his work with the Samba project) who is currently working at
| AMD. During the conversation he asked what I was using for a
| development desktop and I told him I was just using my laptop
| these days. So they sent out an AMD Athlon 64 system and
| it arrived yesterday.
`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2006/12/merry-x-mas-amd.html

AMD to Design Microprocessors with Linux and HP Blades

,----[ Quote ]
| AMD's engineering design environment is based on an open architecture
| run and managed with Linux and open source tools. The HP BladeSystem
| solution running Red Hat Enterprise Linux was proposed and implemented in
| AMD's Sunnyvale...
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/News/Hardware/AMD_to_Design_Microprocessors_with_Linux_and_HP_Blades

AMD gains, Intel fights back on supercomputer list

,----[ Quote ]
| Advanced Micro Devices has gained ground on Intel in a list of the
| world's 500 fastest supercomputers, but Intel's new Xeon 5100"
| Woodcrest" processor has quickly carved out a place for itself.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9584_22-6135018.html

AMD reveals its future plans

,----[ Quote ]