Re: [News] A Linux Success Story: Akamai

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 11:28:06 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Previewing 2007: Akamai
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Since the beginning of 2004, Akamai has been a five-bagger. Sales
> | and profits have ballooned. And free cash flow (FCF) -- which was
> | nonexistent in 2003 -- has come within spitting distance of $100
> | million over the trailing 12 months.
> |
> | Meanwhile, Akamai's competitive advantages remain intact. At the
> | same conference where Sagan made his Kennedy-esque prediction,
> | executive vice president of technology Chris Schoettle said that
> | the firm's network of 20,000-plus global servers was outperforming
> | rivals by a factor of 2.5.
> `----
>
> http://www.fool.com/investing/high-growth/2006/12/28/previewing-2007-akamai.aspx?source=eptyholnk303100&logvisit=y&npu=y
> http://tinyurl.com/yex6ye
>
> Even Microsoft does a lot of business with this Linux company. I hope it
> doesn't, as Ballmer and Gates would put it, get cancer or becomes communist.

Microsoft is probably one of Akamai's largest
clients. It is in their best interest to take
their money so that they, Akamai, can grow the
business. Besides what better advertisement for
Linux than to point out that even Microsoft
depends upon Linux for it's day to day operations.
<<Snicker>