Re: Web service for decrypting password protected Word and Excel documents

__/ [ Peter Köhlmann ] on Wednesday 27 December 2006 22:23 \__

> http://www.heise-security.co.uk/news/82998
>
> Yup.
> MS security at its best. Non-existant

I think I've seen this before... as a proggy.

Perhaps Windows users should grab the documents over to GNU/Linux and just
use PGP. You know, use a real and well-validated (because it's open) layer
of protection.

That'll also save them from 'Open' XML and the upcoming DRM'ing of Office
files. Got a Word attachment by E-mail...? Sorry, you haven't permission to
open it. Go grab the Pentium 2 from the basement.

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Lions are like hippie tigers"
roy      pts/4                         Wed Dec 27 16:42 - 16:43  (00:01)