[News] Vista Needs GPU, But Some GPU's Are Still Not Ready

Nvidia G80 Vista drivers don't materialise in 2006

,----[ Quote ]
| Nvidia has really disappointed us with lack of Vista driver in 2006
| but we hope that the full working version will be ready soon. Until
| then, ATI users can play all they want with Vista with the exception
| that a few things won?t work well, but every card is supported while
| Nvidia users can forget the super high end G80s for the time being.

Related:

Acer: Vista Home Basic is a lemon

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is effectively smuggling through a price hike for Windows
| Vista - by making the entry-level version so poor that no-one will
| want to use it. So says Jim Wong, senior veep at Acer, the world's
| number four PC maker, who told UK hack Jon Honeyball: "The new
| [Vista] experience you hear of, if you get Basic, you won't feel
| it at all. There's no [Aero] graphics, no Media Center,
| no remote control."
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/10/27/acer_slams_vista_home_basic/

Life with Vista - Is this dogfood really for the dogs?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://dotnetaddict.dotnetdevelopersjournal.com/vista_dogfood.htm