[News] Asterisk 1.4.0 Golden Released

Asterisk 1.4.0 released

,----[ Quote ]
| The team thanks you for your support of Asterisk; more than half of the
| new functionality in this release was developed by community members!
`----

http://www.asterisk.org/node/48266

Related:

AsteriskNOW Version 1.4.0 Beta 1

,----[ Quote ]
| The most popular open source PBX software, Asterisk, can now be
| easily configured with a graphical interface. AsteriskNOW Beta is a
| Software Appliance; a GUI implementation with the open source
| Asterisk distribution. AsteriskNOW includes all the Linux
| components necessary to run, debug and build Asterisk, and only
| those components, so installation is easy. You no longer have to
| worry about kernel versions and package dependencies. Unlike other
| Linux distributions used to deploy Asterisk, no unnecessary components
| that might compromise security or performance are included.
`----

http://www.asterisknow.org/

Replacing your legacy phone system with Trixbox

,----[ Quote ]
| As a communications consultant I have received many enquiries
| about VOIP as of late and as a Linux fan I have read much about
| the progress of the open-source Asterisk PBX project headed up by
| Digium. Utilizing the power and adaptability of Linux, one can build
| themselves an Asterisk based server on commodity hardware for a
| fraction of the price of a proprietary system. Installation and
| configuration can be very tricky however if you aren't blessed
| with Guru linux skills, enter Trixbox.
`----

http://www.linuxforums.org/applications/replacing_your_legacy_phone_system_with_trixbox.html

Voiceroute, Druid - Asterisk Management GUI v3.1 has launched

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.voiceroute.net/site/index.php?p=press&code=12112006&u=main