Re: [News] BBC's Best Technology of the Year 2006 - PS3 included

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Tuesday 26 December 2006 07:55 \__
>
>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>>> Hot picks: the best tech of 2006
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6199303.stm
>>>

>> It would appear that a lot of commentators see the PS3 and the Wii as
>> having genuine major success potential.  Everyone except our trolls
>> here, in fact...
>
> Think OLPC. They hate it, they mock it (Gates), then they /want/ it for
> themselves. It's like the guy who stands against the wall at the party
> talking trash about the good-looking girls. But if/when these girls approach
> the guy, the attitude flip-flops. Defence mechanism is all that is.

Having never been stood at the wall, I wouldn't know... :-))  To
paraphrase the simpsons' pastiche of happy days "disco stu doesn't
advertise!"

You're right, of course,  It's been a lot of daming with faint praise.

Thank God a million billion times you live in Texas.