[News] 2006 Was the Year of GNU/Linux

Linux in 2006: June is Busting Out All Over

,----[ Quote ]
| I apologize for sounding like a typical lame pundit, but 2006 was the Year
| of Linux. I never said that before--I was waiting until it became true.
`----

http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/netos/article.php/3650901

I, for one, fully agree. There is no longer uncertainty with regards to the
future because the tipping point has been surpassed. Oracle and Microsoft
further validate this; governments are migrating to Linux; we have XGL/AIGLX
(desktop effects); an abysmal Vista on its way; security problems everywhere
but Linux; SCO is toast; Red Hat grows quickly; IBM announced triple-digit
growth for Linux...