Re: KDE 4 News and Screenshots THE WORLD"S WORST VIDEO !!!!! SEE LINUX IN ACTION!!

Jerry McBride wrote:
> flatfish+++ wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 21:21:11 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> >

> >> Here's KDE with Beryl/XGL:
> >>
> >> http://rudd-o.com/archives/2006/11/18/the-coolness-factor-of-linux/
> >
> > That has to be the absolute WORST video I have EVER seen.
> >
> > There are better videos of Camaro's racing Rice Burners on YouTube than
> > this pile of slop.
> >
> > Go Linux!!!!!!!
> >
> > BTW, you lost average Joe the minute the file browser was
> > opened.................
> >
> > I'm still laughing........
> >
> > Nice one Roy!
>

> Did you read the hardware spec? The fact is, it's totally awesome, because
> vista probably wouldn't even install on that machine, but it runs perfectly
> with linux...
>
> Nice try, but you failed....

The concepts were great; the implementation was pretty good.  The
presentation was absolutely terrible.

-The benchmark running in the foreground doesn't really do much to lure
any but the most technical users; nor does the file manager running
from the root menu.

-The "Matrix Code" in the root window was cool, but very distracting.

-Whatever window theme was being used looked even more tacky than the
Luna UI from Windows XP.

-The quirky and erratic opening and closing of programs made the whole
thing look hastily thrown together.