Re: [News] Review of Mint Linux 2.1, MyahOS 2.3

begin  risky.vbs
	<1166979912.F7t5jJb9Lf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
	Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Linux Mint 2.1
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| The inclusion of MPlayer with all the plugins installed by default
>| is a move. The biggest problem with most users of Linux is not
>| being able to see that movie on the Internet since you do not have
>| Windows Media Player or Quicktime.
>|
>| All in all Linux Mint is a great distribution, and being based on
>| Ubuntu, it is also easy to find solutions for issues that can
>| arise.
> `----
>
> http://gnuman.com/distros/linux_mint_2.1.html

And for [k]ubuntu there is automatix. With very little effort all the
codecs you want are installed.

It throw up a popup window on startup with the following:

    Please NOTE that downloading and installing w32codecs, libdvdcss2
    and other non-free codecs without paying a fee to the concerned
    authorities constitutes a CRIME in the United States of America.

    Hence if you are viewing this message from anywhere in the United
    States of America, please do not install option AUD-DVD codecs. If
    you are not from the United States of America, and take full
    responsibility for the legal consequences of downloading and
    installing the afore-mentioned codecs, then you can go ahead and
    install the same.

    Under any circumstances, the Automatix Team is NOT responsible for
    your actions which includes and is NOT restricted to downloading
    and installing these codecs

                             Do you agree?

                            Yes         No

Oh the joys for those that live in the 'land of the free'. :-)

Of course automatix offers more than just codecs. Google Earth is one
of the many apps that are just a couple of clicks away.

--
I've asked time and time again for people to prove that I primarily spout
FUD. - Funkenbusch (COLA's comedian), Sat, 2 Dec 2006