Re: Sabayon

__/ [ owl ] on Saturday 23 December 2006 00:27 \__

> Posting this from Sabayon Linux 3.2a Mini Edition livecd.
> Gentoo-based.
>
> This is a really nice distro.
> Great hardware support for this Toshiba laptop.
> Intel 3945abg wireless works after manually starting ipw3945d.
> AIGLX + Beryl works perfectly with the Intel Graphics.
>
> Comes with postgresql.
> Had to emerge nvi and tin though.
> (Attempted emerge of vim failed with some error, so I grabbed nvi instead).
>
> May just have to make room for a permanent install.

Sabayon and Ubuntu are heading down the road of enraging GNU and the FSF.
They want liberty for themselves, at the expense of principles and Freedom
of others. Some might even go further compare it to Novell's selfish and
exclusive engagement. Still, being more pragmatic, they could help GNU/Linux
get a decent market share. Then, handware vendors will have to comply and
supply the code. People's opinions can be easily transformed.

GPL - The Final Word

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://kororaa.org/static.php?page=gpl

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz     | Kernel panic - more exciting than being /.'ted
Swap:  1036184k total,   364436k used,   671748k free,    64820k cached