Re: Google Still Gaining at Microsoft's Expense

BearItAll wrote:
> I was just about to give the MS search layout a bit of praise because of the
> picture search (I just found a very old picture of myself that was on one
> of my first ever web pages), but then I went into the maps. I think they
> have taken the minimalist approach a bit too far because I haven't found
> anything I can type into the two little boxes yet that produces a result,
> you have to type something in the top box and a postcode or town in the
> lower box, but if I put my postcode in, what am I meant to put into the top
> box? home, street, my name? Nup, its none of those.

I just used the Windows Live search for the first time. I was really
disapp-
ointed with the number of results it found (why will it only show
Rich's and
Paul's picture and not mine when I search for HardwareLogic and not
even
display my photo when I add my name to the search?), but I must say I
was
pretty impressed with the software itself. It takes a lot of doing to
make such
a complex web page with all the drag and drop stuff, and I like how you
can
resize the thumbnails. But it doesn't matter how neat its features are
if it
doesn't even show the results you need.