Re: my personal shit list ..

  • Subject: Re: my personal shit list ..
  • From: "William Jenks" <wgjenks@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 15:58:36 -0600
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
flatfish+++ wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 14:48:49 -0600, William Jenks wrote:
>
>> Doug Mental wrote:
>>

>> http://technology.guardian.co.uk/weekly/story/0,,1971039,00.html
>>
>> Jack Schofield is the Guardian's computer editor.
>>
>> Windows or Linux PC?
>> "I want to get a new PC, while avoiding "lock in" to suppliers of
>> hardware or software. I was thinking of a Linux system, but I have
>> some DOS and Windows programs I'd like to retain, and I'm too short
>> of time and brainpower to become technically involved.
>> Peter Davis"
>>
>> "Jack Schofield replies: A Windows machine is still your best bet,
>> as this gives you by far the widest choice of hardware and software,
>> and it's the cheapest way to get a copy of Windows. Having got a
>> Windows PC to run your existing software, you can then install your
>> Linux distro of choice, such as Ubuntu (ubuntu.com), for no extra
>> charge. Although this will not include support, at least you will be
>> in fairly well-known territory. Alternatively, you might be able to
>> find an acceptable PC running a version of Linux you want, and you
>> might be able to get your DOS and Windows programs running via
>> something like Wine (winehq.com), but this approach requires more
>> effort and promises few if any cost savings."
>

> Jack is the guy that Dougie has been stalking for years.
>
> http://www.webservertalk.com/archive245-2005-11-1271854.html
>
> http://linux.derkeiler.com/Newsgroups/alt.os.linux/2005-11/0324.html
>
> http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:P_Dtpfwvb5gJ:www.linuxarticles.com/forums/linux-advocacy-6/doug-mentohl-take-bow-21261.html+%22doug+mentohl%22&hl=en&gl=ca&ct=clnk&cd=7
>
> And remember, Doug Mentohl is listed as a "Quality Poster" in Roy
> Culley's weekly comp.os.linux.advocacy statistics.
>
> So much for the accuracy of Roy's statistics.

Also see
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/browse_thread/thread/53542173902687d5/1f2044f1eadf115d?lnk=st&q=&rnum=1&hl=en#1f2044f1eadf115d

"This just in! In a related operation, NHS surgeons were unable to save
the brain of a well known troll, Daeron/Doug Mentohl, the sole
proprietor of a one-man travelling idiot show."