[News] American Lawyers Bring 'Intellectual' 'Property' Laws to China

More lobbying? According to the source where I found this, the law was
written by an American lawyer.

Intellectual Property Protection in China

,----[ Quote ]
| A relatively lawless IP environment is advantageous to China's
| short-term interests, just as a strictly enforced IP environment
| suits the interests of net IP exporters such as the United States.
| This issue has been constant irritant in relations between China and
| Western nations, as well as Japan. Nevertheless, China's enforcement
| of intellectual property has steadily improved in recent years.
`----

http://lunaticwisdom.com/blog1/2006/12/22/intellectual-property-protection-in-china/

Related:

U.S. official blasts Indian patent system

,----[ Quote ]
| A U.S. official leading a business delegation here called India's
| patent and copyright laws antiquated and unable to offer
| protections necessary for foreign companies to operate
| here... Addressing a business seminar in New Delhi, Lavin said
| India needs to modernize its patent and copyright laws to
| attract more foreign capital. Lavin is leading a business
| delegation that includes 225 U.S. corporate executives from
| about 100 companies such as IBM, AT&T and Motorola.
`----

http://www.eetimes.com/rss/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=196601164&cid=RSSfeed_eetimes_newsRSS

Big businesses boast of patent benefits, for small businesses

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/99155/big-businesses-boast-of-patent-benefits-for-small-businesses.html