Re: [News] Key Novell Employee Leaves in Anger Over the Deal

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Friday 22 December 2006 14:32 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
> JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> On 2006-12-22, Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>>> JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> I can't see a Yorkshireman turning down a pint.
>>
>> Do they drink beer with their pizza in York?
>>

> Well, he's from Sheffield, which is (or was) the steel city, in South
> Yorkshire.  Traditionally, there were a few Italian restaurants around,
> but beer's been there for hundreds of years.  Once upon a time, everyone
> got a gallon of beer a day to drink, as it was safe, whereas water
> couldn't necessarily be trusted, especially in the towns and cities.  Of
> course, the beer was nowhere near as strong as it is now.
>
> The amazing rise in gastropubs has brought a huge number of very good
> quality restaurant/pubs, where you can, quite uniquely, get *both* good
> beer and good food at the same time.  I expect some pubs will sell you a
> pizza, but you'd probably get something like a real Italian one, rather
> than the US-chain styles pizzas which are mostly spongy base.

And for breakfast they have Frosted Linux Charms in Yorkshire...

http://brianmark.blogspot.com/2006/12/frosted-linux-charms-openly-delicious.html

Err... that's what I heard anyway...

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz - serving the Web for 9^-1000 millenia
Tasks: 130 total,   1 running, 128 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie