[News] Novell CEO Defends Patents Clause

Novell CEO on the Microsoft deal

,----[ Quote ]
| CNME: Do you think the patent cooperation part of the agreement
| with Microsoft is in the best interest of Novell's customers?
|
| Hovsepian: Absolutely. It's good for the customers because they
| don't have to worry about those things. I'm disappointed that
| we haven't communicated our intent as clearly [as we should
| have] to the [Linux] community. The messaging got bogged down.
`----

http://www.cpilive.net/v3/inside.aspx?scr=n&NID=1053&cat=INTERVIEWS&pub=COMPUTER%20NEWS%20MIDDLE%20EAST&k=Microsoft,%20Novell

Thanks for clearing that up, Mr. Hovsepian. Admission that Linux users need
coverage for 'intellectual' 'property'...