Re: Windows Genuine Extortion

  • Subject: Re: Windows Genuine Extortion
  • From: "OdarR" <Olivier.Darge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 21 Dec 2006 01:28:10 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | While it's true that losing people who aren't paying for the software
> | is arguably a good thing for Microsoft, it's certain to cause an uptick
> | over time in Linux's market share. "We don't think this is a pure
> | win for Microsoft," IDC analyst Al Gillen said. "This is going to
> | accelerate the Linux market as well."

yep.

my "pirate" XP is shutdown most of the time.
Ubuntu is running well yeah :-)  (newbee inside)

today, the choice is more clear :
- you pay for Vista and solid hardware, accepting a weird OS, expensive
applications and DRM somewhere (everywhere?)
- you pay for a Macintosh and a good OS plus a nice interface.
- go for linux (maybe the easiest is Ubuntu ?). I tried some different
distro in the past, none were sufficient easy for me at home. Ubuntu
seems to change things for non-geeks.

Olivier
(Belgium)