Re: [News] Project Looking Glass Released (Version 1.0)

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Thu, 21 Dec 2006 05:17:05 +0000
<1306258.vOgZqDFDYa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Project Looking Glass Binary Builds
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Mega Bundles
> |
> |     These bundles include all the software necessary to run lg3d.
> | This includes the jdk, java3d and lg3d itself
> |
> |     * Linux x86 Mega Bundle 19 December 2006
> |
> | [...]
> `----
>
> https://lg3d-core.dev.java.net/binary-builds.html
>

> Video demo:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMWd1FOgr18

"unfettered".  It's already fettered -- Java.
Granted, it has some intriguing notions.

But until Java is open source (and the noises Sun is making
are good ones but it's not quite there yet), color me skeptical.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Linux.  An OS which actually, unlike certain other offerings, works.