Re: Open source Search Engines for my site ?

  • Subject: Re: Open source Search Engines for my site ?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 12:25:09 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [John Bokma] on Thursday 02 February 2006 06:56 \__

> ".:J:." <MONKEYselskab-at-bigfoot.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey
>>
>> I'm looking for an open source SE to put on my site. I'd like to make
>> the external search engines (google etc) crawl my search engine, so
>> that i.e. Google would index my search engines database. Any
>> suggestions on a simple open source search engine ?
>
> htdig, not sure if it's still supported, etc.

PhpDig < http://www.phpdig.net/ > might still have some active development
and is probably more modern. I don't know if Entropy Search is Open Source,
but I assume it is. Regarding the latter point, external (third-party)
search engines will not have interest in indices which you generate locally.
Google sitemaps are the closest thing, but they are associated with crawling
patterns, not search results.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "I feed 3 penguins with electricity and love"
 12:20pm  up 16 days  7:36,  12 users,  load average: 0.25, 0.38, 0.48